Sunday, November 15, 2009

Another Redo...finally!


These aren't the best photos, but check out what I did with this hand-me-down dresser. I think it was built in the early sixties. I loved the shape, but didn't love the finish. And no handles drove me crazy!

I hauled out all the pieces (on my own!), then proceeded to sand them down with an automatic sander I borrowed from Trav's grandpa.

And this is my favourite part. I absolutely love Anthropologie for the beautiful things they have. But I hate that they're so expensive. Alas, I caved and bought seven of these gorgeous knobs (it was so hard to choose!) at 8 bucks each. I love them.
And the final product! Don't mind the pillows on top...Trav always throws them there. Sigh...guys and their pillows. At least he's not throwing them on the floor anymore. So in total, the project cost me 80 bucks (knobs and primer.) I used leftover paint and borrowed everything else.
I'll feature my next project soon...it actually involves something that hangs above the dresser. I'm still deciding if I want to do more with it, or leave it as is. And after that...I'm really hoping Santa will get me a brand new kitchen counter and backsplash!! Forest green just doesn't do it for me anymore...





No comments: