Monday, July 28, 2008

It comes down to two.

I'm at 99 goals...what should the last two be? I'm going to let them come naturally to me and try not to force it. Maybe it'll come to me in a dream, in the shower, before I fall asleep? Let's see what happens – although it better happen in the next couple of days because I need to get started on this list!

Today's topic? Confidence. Lame, I know. But the thing is, I catch myself thinking I'm inferior far too often. I compare myself – my looks, my smarts, my athletic ability, my conversations with others – whenever I get the chance. And it must stop! It's been happening since junior high. I spend too much time worrying, feeling pangs of jealousy, instead of actually enjoying the moment. And that's probably the least attractive thing about me. Isn't that the ironic part? So here it is. My chance to REALLY try and stop that nonsense. Do I have a game plan? No. I'm just going to kick those bad thoughts away when they come, and fill their spot with a compliment instead. It's doable. I deserve it.

Looks like I've got goal number 100.

No comments: