Saturday, February 21, 2009

24 on the 24th



On Tuesday I turn 24...but since I'm not the type who can go all out on a week night, I had my bday shindig last night. It was the only night that worked for Trav, and I had to make sure it worked for Tara (I hadn't seen her in almost three months!) Anyway, it was a great time! And so nice to see everyone together and in a good mood. I was a little worried at first though when 9 pm came and no one was here. It always seems to happen that way - people promise to come have a good time, and then you don't see them the whole night. I think of my birthday last year which was a huge letdown, so I was worried to be honest. A lot of Trav's friends couldn't make it, but I still had about 20-25 people here...more girls than guys which was a shocker! We ended up at Cook County. I've only been there a couple of times and never had the best experience, but last night was different. So fun! And a guy Trav works with got us in - bonus (especially since it was where the Brad Paisly after party was...which we hadn't realized until we were there)! One crappy part of the night - my car was towed (thanks to Trav and Ted's bright idea), so I dealt with getting it back today...but it wasn't too big of a deal. Also, Trav was a little too drunk and acting a little, well, like a dink, if I may say so. He apologized this morning and it didn't equal a big fight or anything like that...I'm trying to be better at shaking things off and asking myself if the situation really matters, and if it will change things or make feel better to stress about it or worry. And he seems to be trying to make up for it. He's taking me out to dinner at the Sawmill on Tuesday. 

I found Trav's receipt for my birthday gift! OH NO! It was totally an accident - seriously. I was cleaning up and found a scrap of paper and there it was! He seems very excited to give it to me and now I know why - he bought us a session of dance lessons for the wedding! That just made me melt (especially because that's just not something Trav feels totally comfortable with but he's doing it anyway...). I don't want to ruin his excitement of my excitement though, so I'm not going to let him know I know. I only need to hang on a couple more days. How sweet...I just wish I hadn't found the receipt! What do you think - should I be honest or play along? That's why boys need to not be so messy. Girls are naturally sleuths and boys THINK they're sleuths.

I had to go out this morning to get my hair done (took me forever to get the appointment so there was no way I was canceling.) I made it! It was tough and I certainly didn't look my best (I slept with my makeup on...I don't think I've done that in like a year!), but it ended up being fun when I found out my stylist Joanne is engaged! She showed me her dress and everything - she's just so adorable. I feel totally surrounded by wedding planning right now. Speaking of which, I found a reading for our ceremony I'm in love with! I teared up when I read it, and I read it to Trav this morning, and it just feels so right. Travis and I aren't religious at all...I don't want to say we're anti-religion, but we want to ensure there's no reference to God or a higher power or anything like that in our ceremony. I'd love to share it with you, but I have to post that after the wedding...I don't want to ruin every surprise!

Last wedding thing, I promise. I want to use a typewriter as the guestbook. Basically we put in nice paper, people type their messages, and then after it's all said and done, we roll the paper with everyone's messages into a scroll, tie with ribbon, and tada - a forever keepsake. And it seems to make sense since I'm a writer who essentially types all day, every day. The only problem is I can't find a typewriter!! I thought I would know someone with a cool typewriter, but no luck yet. I don't want to pay shipping (I checked ebay and it's ridiculous...vintage typewriters are heavy), so I'll keep my eye on kijiji. If you know of an awesome one somewhere, please let me know!


Enjoy the rest of you weekend...that's what I'm going to try to do!

1 comment:

MagzD said...

There's that 2nd hand shop on Whyte, downstairs from Blackbyrd Music ... is it the Junque Cellar? Can't remember... Anyway, they might be a place to look for a typewriter. Or an antique mall/store.