Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The never ending battle...CONTINUES!



Ugh.

So I weighed my self yesterday. For the first time in a few months. Scary. 125 lbs. SIGH. I miss the days of 110 lbs. Anyway, my weight has been hovering around that range for quite awhile. A couple of months ago I was weighing myself weekly and was down to 118. But when I don't pay attention, and no matter how hard I work out, those few pounds creep back on. In fact, I would say I'm definitely the best shape I've ever been in. I can do way more pushups than before, I feel strong, my lower legs are tight and I'm getting definition in my arms. I work out a minimum of four times a week (doing Jillian's CRAZY videos so it's not like I'm biking while reading a magazine...I SWEAT. A lot.), plus I walk every day and try to squeeze in any physical activity I can. So I need to finally admit to myself - it's my terrible eating habits that are the problem and that stand between me and my ideal body. Before, I could eat whatever I wanted (and I have the most intense sweet tooth ever) because I was active. Now I'm even more active, but it's my metabolism that's changed. So this it. I'm sick of not being at my ideal weight for what, three years? Maybe writing that here makes it official and time for me to make some changes. So here it is:

I will eat better and reach 115 lbs. I will shed fat on my stomach, thighs and butt.

I will do this by following Making the Cut, Jillian Michael's book. When I'm unable to follow the book I will make better choices and eat smaller portions. More fruit. Veggies. Because right now they're non-existent in my diet.

And of course, I will keep up with my workouts because I have noticed their results. It does make a difference.

Ok, I better go back to tracking everything I put in my mouth. Sigh. But to be fair, I will not completely cut out my favourite foods. Moderation. We all know that, right? I just need to be careful with dinner out (my parents are taking me for my birthday dinner on Friday), cake at work and other treats we sometimes forget about. I'm using my-calorie-counter.com. It seems similar to Weight Watchers online program, but it's free. Sweet.

So every Wednesday morning I'll weigh in. I figure it's midweek and just a good time to step on that scale. I'll chart my progress and see where I end up! With the wedding four months away, now is the time to start.

I really hope to reach my goal. I mean I WILL reach my goal. It's been a struggle for awhile now. I just need to really want it all the time, not some of the time. With that, I always think turning to some inspiration is a great thing:


2 comments:

crystal.cattle said...

Ariana, I just found your blog (actually through the comment you left on Stacy's!) It is wonderful. There are so many things that you have commented on that I completely agree with. I think it is wonderful that you have continued with dance. I miss it so much! I was able to take a few classes while I was still at school, but I just haven't found a class that I want to pick up since. Also, I know exactly was you feel like on the weight issue. I always thought I would weight 115, and now 125 is pretty normal. I need to work out a little more, but I think eating is my issue too! I am going to focus on really increasing my physically activity. I am hoping to learn to golf this spring, and hopefully all that walking will help! Keep the posts coming, and good luck with all your goals!

Career Girl said...

I started making sure I ate at least 3 servings of fruits and veggies (going from pretty much NONE a day is still a big jump for me). I get mini V8's, which are one serving and I always eat a fruit with my lunch as the dessert (lately it's been strawberries and they've been awesome!). Then as long as I have veggies with my supper, I've hit 3 servings. I started working out like crazy the past few weeks and I've found that as I'm working out regularly, I naturally want to be eating better.

I'd also recommend you measure your inches, rather than your weight. That number holds a lot of power over our brains (at least that's what I've found). Once a week, I measure my chest, bicep, waist, hips, and thighs for any changes. I've lost 6 inches since Christmas, and that number makes me happier than any pounds lost. I find that when I think of my body in inches, I feel like I notice the physical changes more too.

Good luck!