Monday, February 9, 2009

Bouquets





I went back to my hometown (I guess you could call it that) this weekend to meet with the local florist. I didn't know what to expect, Evansburg being a mere hamlet and all, but she was fabulous! So easy to talk to and totally in line with my vision. And she complimented my taste, which never hurts...

I had a semi-idea of what I wanted, but now I think we've got it worked out. I will be back in a few weeks to see the test-run bouquet...I'm excited! I didn't think flowers were so interesting, but playing around with them and discovering different combinations is really similar to other creative things I like to do. Anyway, the bouquet will be primarily made up of dahlias, peonies, freesia, and lisianthus. They'll be in coral, orangy, fiery colours. Should be pretty!!! I just need to figure out what to tie it with...


2 comments:

Career Girl said...

I love love love peonies in bouquets. They smell amazing and they're so big and full. I also like hydrangea too. I'm envious of the fun you're having planning your wedding. I can't wait until I get to run around and plan my own!

Career Girl said...

PS. I don't know when you changed it, but I totally dig the new look of your blog!