Monday, February 2, 2009

GAGA! Babies and ladies.

I'm ashamed. This is not keeping up with my goal to post regularly! So here we go. Back on track and I'm not going to worry about the past month too much!

Overall, things have been going well. Aside from Derek (which still doesn't seem real) and the Evansburg shooting (the father and son are neighbours/friends of my parents), things are moving ahead as always. I'm busier than ever (do I always say that?), which seems strange now that I have no exercise classes happening and I'm not teaching dance during the week anymore. I guess a lot of extra time is put towards wedding planning, and just trying to spend some more time with friends. And getting shredded! Ha ha. A friend of mine passed me along Jillian Michaels "30 Day Shred" workout DVD. I was skeptical...but my God! Amazing workout. Amazing. I don't think I've sweated like that in other exercise videos, or even classes I've taken at the gym. And get this – it's only a half hour! Trav tried to do it with me the other day, and he had a lot of trouble! I've also got three girls at work doing it too, so we all discuss our progress. I've been at it for about a month now, and am definitely noticing I'm much stronger now. Twenty-five pushups (and these aren't the girly ones!) are no problem, whereas before I struggled to get out ten. She focuses on doing these intense circuits that work upper and lower body at the same time, so you're sweating during that, then you have to bust into intense cardio. I know, I sound like an ad for Jillian, but I swear, she's my new girl crush. I love The Biggest Loser too. She just gets it. I do have to admit though, I haven't shredded since Thursday. I'm going to SYTYCD at Rexall tonight, so I'm gonna kick my own butt tomorrow and move onto level three! Hmmm...I'm a dork, aren't  I?
I love that Jillian admits she sweats it out in the suana before doing a photoshoot, saying, "Do you think I look like that naturally?! Ha!" Glad she keeps it real...

****************************

In the meantime, I've been going out a bit more...and it's been celebrity themed! I had a good time at SAMAN...although she's an awful DJ! I feel like even I could've been a tad more interesting. And how I wished Lohan would've make an appearance! I also went to my sister's "Celebrity Scandal Party," where we were all instructed to dress up like a trashy or infamous celeb. I went as Posh, and my sister as Lady GaGa. She certainly stole the show! There was also LezLo, Mushy Fatone, Brit Brit, Whino...(love all my Perez terms?hehe)



Above: Natalie as GaGa. Below – most of the group. Notice my baby? It's Britney's, but she kept losing it, so I decided it was Posh and Beck's son Romeo. I kept him the whole night...until I got home and Hank chomped into him! Not to fear, Romeo's head is still intact.

Saturday night, I was supposed to be part of an Asian entourage for a coworker's friend's drag night. Her friend's fiance does drag every once in awhile, so I had my dress and painted lips, and was ready to go! Until of course, I got to the bar, bent over to pick up some dropped money before I got in, and RIIIIIIP. My dress ripped so my entire azz was showing! All of it! So I caught the bus (which was creepy walk downtown at that hour let me tell you), went home, and made Sidekicks and watched Project Runway. A stupid night, but then again, I do love Project Runway!

I have much more to tell you...but I suppose I better actually get some work done! I've got a few deadlines coming up. Thanks for listening to my blathering...happy Monday night (and do something fun – Mondays don't have to be blah!)

1 comment:

Career Girl said...

I am totally going to check out the Jillian Michaels video...I just started going to the gym again today but my new goal is 10 pounds before my birthday (2 months). I hope I'm not being too unrealistic, and at this point I'd settle for any weight loss!

I love Project Runway! Even PR Canada! Iman doesn't always deliver her lines naturally, but she still does a decent job. I find the arrogance of the Canada designers to be laughable. But my money on the winner is on Sunny or Bayler.