Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Denilore Dress Disaster Debacle...Damn!

Ugh. I've told this story many times over...for good reason. If any of you girlies out there are looking for a bridal gown, please stay far, far away from this place! I'm not one to spread a bad word about anyone, but this constitutes a complaint.

I went in and ordered my gown from Denilore on September 27th...I found out it was a couple hundred bucks cheaper than Pure Bridal, and the ladies sure seemed a lot nicer to boot! So I thought, sign me up!

I left them alone for a long time...I had heard Denilore took awhile. About 7 month in, I gave them a call. They were very friendly and said it wouldn't be much longer.

At the 8 month mark I called an average of four times a week. It was the same story - it's coming next week, it's in our next shipment...we called the manufacturer and it's ready to ship...we'll call you right back, before five today. I not once got a phone call from them. And then from one of the girls I got, "Well, we're really busy so you should be calling us." Um, ok. THIS IS YOUR JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!! And calling them did absolutely nothing. I was sick of the lies.

Finally I was pissed (and not as much as I should have been!) and Mom and I went in there (for the second time) and the closest thing to the truth that I'll ever get from them came out...apparently my dress was ordered on time, but it was ordered wrong. I don't know what came, but it wasn't right. So instead of letting me know this, they called the manufacturer and got them started on making a brand new dress. I knew none of this...they were smiling and reassuring me it was on its way. GRRRRRR. I was given five guaranteed dates of arrival...each one passed on by and I heard nothing.

I got the dress finally...9 months after ordering it. No discount. No apology...they acted as if everything was fine and dandy...all I got was "wasn't it worth the wait?!!"

They appeared on the Troubleshooter twice, and so far, six complaints to the BBB have been filed. Other brides were in worse shape than me...one girl's dress in my shipment had her wedding the next day after it arrived. Yikes. Poor girl. No one needs that stress before one of her most important days.

You have been warned...stay away from Denilore Bridal!!!!

(I do love my dress though!! Two weeks until I put it on.)

No comments: