Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Vegas Virgins

My sis enjoying frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity.

Fire/volcano show at our hotel, the Mirage.
We didn't do too much of this!
Stagette night - had a blast!
The shopping was amazing! We all had some great finds.


I'm still exhausted, but it was 100% worth it.

For my bachelorette party, me, my sister Nat, and friends Tara and Kaitlyn went to Vegas...and we were all Vegas first-timers so it was the perfect adventure to take together.

Besides hitting up the clubs every night (Tao - so annoyingly busy but cool to see, PURE - so fun, but I paid for it on the plane the next day, and of course, Margaritaville...just plain good times!), we did a lot of walking, shopping (PREMIUM OUTLET MALL IS AMAZING!), drinking, eating and laying by the pool. We stayed at the Mirage, which was a great hotel. The fire show there was cool, er, hot, and our room was nice - modern. We even got upgraded to a room with a view!

I'm jotting down some highlights because I'm so worried that I'll forget the those little Vegas nuggets of memories that made it one of my fave holidays ever!

Jersey girl - this cougar woman tells me how wonderful it is I'm getting married, than says, "My son just got married. SILENCE. SHE'S A BITCH." She later told us she was part of the Mofia...let's just say we were nice to her.

Margaritaville bartender - fast-talker! We couldn't understand him because his words came out so fast...I imagine that must be how Edward and the Cullens talk to one another. Anyway, we still managed to chat after many polite "pardon me"s, and he discounted our bill by like 100 bucks! Needless to say he got an excellent tip ; )

Quizno's commercial - my acting debut! At 3 am we acted in a Quizno's commercial for their new, sexy torpedo sandwich. Our line was "I loooooooove my torpedo." We signed waivers and everything! Watch out for us youtube!

Celebrity stage - a seven foot black man guarding the stage grabbed Tara and I and told us we were exclusively invited to dance on the "celebrity stage." Hmmm...we didn't turn down the offer. After a few glasses of champagne and Tara whining that she couldn't dance (even though she CAN) we decided we'd had enough of being all alone up there.

Topless pool (Bare) - an experience I won't forget! Vegas is a playland, and the topless pool is Silicone land that epitomizes the city in my mind! (FYI - along with your bikini, high heels, big earrings and fake eyelashes are required.)

The scientist - we saw the nerdiest man awkwardly dancing...thick glasses, buttoned-up, the whole bit. We were wondering why he was in Vegas in the first place! And then his "date", a brunette Double-D bombshell, was right behind him, sexily coaxing him to dance.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. It really was hilarious at the time.

Of course, there were a few other notable events, but what stays in Vegas........... : )

1 comment:

travellingCC said...

Vegas always looks like fun, I love your stagette looks!