Friday, July 10, 2009

Reevaluating

Whew...I thought things would  come to a sort of halt with the wedding all wrapped up...but it seems everything is only beginning! Aside from reorganizing the house to put away gifts, doing the thank-yous, more work and dance opportunities, and trying to enjoy some of the warm weather, we've dove straight into our many renovations. 

First, our downstairs bathroom needed some R & R with the mould behind the tile. Yummy. Luckily we've enlisted the help of our renters! Trav's brother Ted, and his friend Kyle, have both got some construction experience (went to school for it!), so that's a big help. We are doing it on the cheap however, so the ugly tile and tub have to stay unfortunately. 

It makes sense though; if we have hopes to build our dream house in a few years, we have to suck up the parts of our home we don't like and just live with it...and remember what we truly want will be on the horizon!!! (I'm still practicing this! Trav's good at it.)

I'm happy to say that Travis and I share the same taste when it comes to our dream home. We love those older-looking, three-story, farm-house-with-the-porch-and-balcony-in-front-type-houses:


Aren't they devine? I'll be renovating and dreaming... : )

I'm going to try and document this round of renos since I failed to do last go round...which I'm disappointed about because it was a big change!! Stay tuned.

No comments: