Monday, February 22, 2010

New lunch experience!

Some of you may know I'm attempting to "eat clean" – which doesn't mean bland, boring food as many people think. If anything, searching out tasty, healthy food has opened my palate up to a whole new world! I've tried so many things I would've NEVER ever ate back when I was a sugar-addict. I now love tomatoes (whipping up a quick bruschetta toast is the best for an easy supper!), spinach, eggs, oatmeal...yum. I can't let chocolate go completely though...so I've learned to make my own chocolate chunks for my morning oatmeal out of carob powder, cocoa powder, agave and a bit of coconut oil...so rich and delish. That reminds me, coconut is now my new obsession. More on that later...

Anyway, my lunch today. There's a place downtown I didn't know existed until my sis told me about it. She works right beside it on Jasper Ave. It's called Healthfare, and prides itself on local ingredients and healthy food. The inside is entirely made up of environmentally sustainable materials. It's bright, clean and cheery...I loved it. And while it's not cheap, it's a nice healthy treat every once in a while. Today I got their sweet potato fries (although I saw they were actually yams...anyone have any comment on this!?) with their low-fat garlic dip (ahhhmazing!), and an asparagus dill salad. Tasty. Healthy. Love it. Check it out if you're nearby. I plan to try their peanut lime chicken rice bowl next.

Anyone else have any other healthy haunts they love in Edmonton?

1 comment:

MagzD said...

I discovered that yams are the big, orange ones, and that sweet potatoes are little, white versions of yams.

You should come out to visit me, and I'll take you to Misella's in Stony Plain - organic, vegan, local, natural. Home-freakin-run.