Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Failure...my greatest fear?

I'll admit, I'm a sucker for inspirational quotes...yet I'm still picky. Most of them don't make make me stop for longer than a moment before moving on.


But the ones the do...they make a strong impression. I randomly came across two yesterday that I actually had to scribble in my notebook. They weren't even intended to fall in the category of "inspirational quotes," but I'm taking them that way. And both share the same subject: failure.

Always act as if failure isn't possible.

This one comes from Oxygen magazine (I'm a big fan now...it's just so sensible!). And the other quote is encouraging just in case failure does show up (I know, I know...sorta goes against the point the first one is making...)

"Failure is the world's way of saying 'excuse me, you're moving in the wrong direction'."

That one is slightly modified from words Oprah once spoke, about her first failed tv show.

So there...my simple concepts that have taken me far too long to understand ; )

Has anyone ever said anything that just clicked for you...words you will always remember?

No comments: