Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gaining and Losing Wisdom.

Didn't it used to be that guys were the complexities we all struggled to understand, but at least we dealt with our girlfriends by our sides? While guys made us happy, made us cry, or made us feel sick to our stomachs, our girlfriends were always the constant in the equation.

Well, times have sure done a 180 on me. Trav and I have been getting along so well for such a long time! Things truly have been great since we moved into our house...and as lame as it sounds he's the person I tell (almost) everything to. But there's always some give and take, and ever since I've felt our relationship is close to perfect, a few close girlfriends in my life have slipped away...or maybe ran away. I just don't know.

Most of my friends know the situation with "L" – it's a long, complex and pretty serious situation. I've become used to our non-friend status, but everything hit me hard this weekend...when my friend "K" ditched me over text message. We hadn't seen one another since my bday in February, and even though I tried to meet up with her, she had an excuse everytime. Of course, like anyone else, I got sick of being blown off and felt a little pathetic, so I stopped trying. Just about a month ago, I found out through the grapevine (aka facebook) that she's moving to Toronto for a boy. She finally texted me, we played tag for awhile, then agreed to meet up Sunday for some playtime...finally! I was excited to see her after so long; I figured we'd have a ton of catching up to do. I left dance early to clean up the house and get ready, as I waited to hear what our plan for the night was. Then, at almost eight, I got a text: "I'm tired. Gonna stay home and pack." Okay....... 

And I haven't heard from her since! I know she's in Toronto now. Wow – totally blown off in the worst way. I just don't understand what has made her act so distant and strange with me. It seems to have happened ever since her and "L" became closer friends, shortly after my birthday. Coincidence? Hmmmm.... Anyway. Moving on. It's why I need to stop wasting time over people like this. As LC said on the latest episode of The Hills (haha...it was my relax time before bed last night): "Don't cry over someone who wouldn't cry over you."


Whitney...your shoes, your pants...why?

Although my recently gained wisdom is partially borrowed from the Hills (oh the shame!), I'm sticking to it. Of course I've heard it before...it was just a timely reminder for me.

So apart from wisdom gained, there's the wisdom I'm losing...my teeth! I waited two hours to get a confirmation and appointment for my wisdom teeth removal surgery. I'm actually kind of excited...more room in my mouth for my poor overly crowded teeth, and three days off of work! I imagine I'll be regretting saying this though when I'm swollen like a chipmunk.

***

I have an incredibly busy week/weekend ahead. Work has been insane this morning...a lot of projects are landing on my desk, but overall I try to appreciate it. I remember the days when no one would give me a "real" project. Now I see my writing actually getting out there, and my opinion being respected, and it makes me pretty happy. 

This week I also booked and put down a deposit for our photographer...she seems really nice! We went with the bigger, more expensive package, but I think it'll be worth it. Oh yeah, and Meaghan is going to do our engagement photos next month on Strathearn Drive. I'm excited – I think she's going to do great, and I'm happy were her very first clients!

Tonight I've got bootcamp, and I'm signing up for bridal bootcamp too. Saturday is dress shopping, and Sunday I'm just trying to keep straight. At lunch I have a dog date with Lauren and Boo at the dog park. Right after that it's to the studio to choreograph Jessica's wedding party dance...yay! Hopefully it's another choreography job to put under my belt...either way it should be really fun. After that, I have my regular dance scheduled. It's finally starting back up and it sounds like all the girls are excited to get going again. And then after that (yeesh) we're doing my Mom's birthday dinner. Which reminds me – I need to get a gift ASAP!

***

I almost forgot! I got my very first query letter acceptance! My deadline is October 8th. Stay tuned...I'm going to be published! (I'm not saying which publication yet because I don't want to jinx myself). On my way to freelance bliss : )

2 comments:

MagzD said...

xoxo, some friends just suck :o)

i know how you feel. better off without them, i say!!!

Career Girl said...

I have also been blown off via text message, although the excuse given to you was at least better than the one I got. My friend told me that she couldn't leave the house until her dog pooped. I didn't even respond to the text, mostly because I had no idea what to say! My current friend situation is kind of crappy too. PL, the boyfriend, is awesome and I can talk to him about mostly everything too. But there are days when I just wish I had a best friend. I have girl friends, but none that I click with, you know?

And you definitely can't feel shame for watching The Hills. I am completely addicted to it. Actually, I once spent an entire day watching the first two seasons online, trying to distract myself from my boy-troubles. I don't even care that it's fake!

And lastly, definitely keep me informed about your bootcamp. I've wanted to do one for a while, but I'm kind of chicken!