Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I shouldn't, but I will...Venting and Terrible Tuesdays.

I hate to say this, but I was angry the other day...for a number of reasons. And the reason I hate to say that is that I understand just how much I have to be thankful for; so many great things have gone my way and I couldn't ask for more. But every once in a while, we all have those days where every little thing just seems to irk you. It makes you grumpy. Tired. And wearily asking "what now?"

Tuesday was a perfect example of that:

It all began when a certain coworker said something out of line...well, there's been many things the past week that could be considered out of line. It made me feel guilty when I shouldn't. It started off with "no offence, but..." Seriously, don't bother saying anything if it needs to begin with NO OFFENSE, BUT!

Trying to write my freelance article and getting uber frustrated. It just wasn't clicking.

Walking Hank and a crazy lady yelling at me that her dog "is just a puppy!!!" She literally jumped on the street with her dog clutched in arms...easy lady...my puppy usually doesn't eat other puppies.

Linda called me...and didn't mention the fall choreography I was supposed to do. I thought we had a deal worked out?

My stupid apple pie didn't turn out. It tastes funny. Trav hates it.

I couldn't sleep. Trav came home at midnight, making racket until 12:30. I ended up on the couch because I was freezing and the paint fumes from our renovations gave me a headache.

I know, it's trivial. I need to learn to let small things bounce off of me. Thanks for listening. I'm glad I got those things off my chest so I can have a much more pleasant week! All I need is a bit more shut-eye I think.

Failed. But I will try again, I promise. Homemaking is in my future.

2 comments:

Career Girl said...

Did you figure out what went wrong with your pie? I love baking!

And don't feel bad, we all have THOSE days!

Career Girl said...

I actually stick to apple crisp instead of apple pie. It's a lot easier and you don't have to make the dough. If you want my recipe for the crisp, I can email you my recipe. It's super super easy and quite hard to screw up (you'd have to really want to sabotage your crisp)!

Is your "101 in 1001" a gadget or something you wrote yourself? I love it and I totally want to add it to my blog too.