Thursday, October 2, 2008

On Edge

Go go go!

I almost feel like I don't have time to breathe right now! Just a lot of obligations. It's weird – I feel busier now than I did when I was working two extra part-time jobs! I suppose I'm doing more choreography now...and spending my extra time planning the wedding. Or it could just be that these couple of months are a little wacky.

I ordered my wedding dress this last weekend! I can't reveal what it looks like...it's a surprise! I'm still not sure if it's the one; when I was in Denilore I tried a new one they had in and loved it too. Although, I think my mind was playing tricks on me, and I've made the right decision. It's not supposed to come in until March. Hopefully I'll be even more excited by then!

I've had plans every night this week and still haven't had a chance to work on our renovations, which I feel a little guilty about since Travis worked so hard on it last week. It's my turn to step up and do some dapping and painting, but I just can't seem to find a moment to get it going! I'm hoping Monday night is doable – tonight I've got bootcamp and then a birthday party at Hudson's, tomorrow night is our epic dance girls' Sex and the City Party, Saturday morning is engagement photos, afternoon yoga (I need to make up for my hellish performance last weekend...thanks McDonalds!) and a stagette, and Sunday is A LOT of dance. Hopefully Monday night can be all reno stuff. Wow – I just read all of that, and most of those are social activities which means I could probably opt out of at least one...oh well, making up for lost time, right? I've spent a fair share of my time holed up in my room with fashion magazines. Although, I do kinda miss it. I've got a stack of five I haven't even looked at!


FYI: Fries + Hot Yoga = Do Not EVER Mix

1 comment:

Career Girl said...

How are you going to be able to wait until March to get your dress? I think I'd go crazy if I had to wait that long. I'd be in the store every day trying on their sample!

So here's the crisp recipe! Let me know if you have any problems with it:

A lot of my recipe is just guess-work. Basically I alternate layers of two large apples, with brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, and flour.

For ingredients, you’ll need:
6-10 apples (depending on size)
brown sugar (about 1 cup – 1 ½ cups, depending on how many layers you have)
cinnamon (I just lightly sprinkle over the sugar layer)
lemon juice (just a bit; it adds a bit of tang and stops your apples from browning)
flour (lightly sprinkle over the sugar layer; it will thicken the sauce in the crisp)

Once you’ve reach the “almost-top” of your dish, you’re going to add the topping. Combine:
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup flour
¼ tsp nutmeg (or cinnamon; or a combination of both works too)
¼ cup butter or baking margarine

Mix the dry ingredients together. Using a pastry blender, cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over fruit. Bake at 375 F for 30-35 minutes.

Good luck!