Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Word of the day: Creative!

I know I should be posting far more often, and also probably sharing some more interesting tidbits...but again, unfortunately, I'm giving you more or less a bit of an air-update. 

I’m somewhat happy to say work has been keeping me busy and not allowing me to spend too much time at my usual internet haunts. ; )

My deadline for my 24 Hours article is tomorrow afternoon. I think I’m ready to go! Last night I managed to drag Travis to a Dance Moves class on the West side so I could snap some pictures for the story, only because I promised that we would see a movie immediately after. And we did! Nick and Nora’s Infinite Playlist. Right now I have mixed feelings about it…but that’s a whole other topic. If you see it, let me know what you think!

Mostly I’ve been trying to be uber creative...haha, easy right? I have a few projects happening at work that ALL revolve around brainstorming…which is actually quite a rarity. It’s what all creatives types hope for, but it can be quite daunting. Give me the RFP to edit! Sure, it’s boring, but it’s safe – I guess that’s what makes creativity exactly what it is: you just can’t be safe; you have to take risks. And that can be a little scary. But often fun.

All I can say is this: I’m getting sooooo frustrated with clever Christmas cards (or lack thereof!) I’ll let you know how it plays out. I do have what looks like a great book on how to get the creative juices flowing (A Whack on the Side of the Head by Roger Von Oech); I just need to read it!

And speaking of creativity…how thankful am I for creative friends! Meaghan did our engagement photoshoot on Saturday morning, and she was amazing!!! I’m so impressed. Not only that, I think we had the most beautiful, colourful, sunny and crisp fall day of the year! Trav’s Mom commented on the cool angles of the shots; everyone's feed back has been great. It's funny, because every person that's seen them has picked a different favourite. Natalie even said she got teary-eyed. Oh Nat. Check out Meaghan’s photography blog here. She’s definitely got something special on her hands! 


I had to steal one...

No comments: