Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Crazy days...


Work certainly goes through its slow and busy times. Here, it's definitely one or the other. And today falls into the latter!  That's why I feel like I just need to get a few things out there, and quick. 

Short and sweet updates:

I got new running shoes and I LOVE EM! Travis and I shredded with Jillian last night (go buy this if you haven't yet!) and my feet felt great. They're Pearl Izumi's...which I hadn't heard of until now. 

Mine are bright orange...

A nice young fellow at the Running Room recommended shoes for me after determining I had a fairly straight gait and didn't really underpronate or overprontate...I just need slight cushioning and likely my old shoes had TOO much arch support. Ahhh...to be enlightened! I was way off! Thanks for the tip Meaghan; I'll definitely return to the Running Room next time.

*************************

We went back home this weekend and helped Dad make 25 benches for the ceremony. They're beautiful and it was so sweet how Dad was really into the whole thing. He spent a lot of time on them and I really appreciate it...I love that it's looking like our wedding is really going to be centered around family, incorporating things that we've made by hand. Everyone is pitching in and it should really show on the big day!

Speaking of which - no dress yet! I'm about to call Denilore for the SIXTH time. They promised to call me back three times so far and I'm yet to hear a peep from them. Frustrating. And no wedding band either. Grr...I hate when things are out of my control.

I had my hair trial his past weekend as well and it was divine! I hadn't met this stylist before as she's out of Drayton, but she was great and gave me exactly what I wanted. In fact my hair ended up looking better than I thought it possibly could!!! Trav said he loved it too (which is great since he really doesn't say much about my hair) and said he was glad I showed him my wedding day hair. I'm not superstitious - just about the dress! 

************************

I found another cute home decor blog that had me inspired all over again. So what did I do? Went to Winner's and bought 70 bucks worth of the cutest vases, candlebras and pictures. Dang. I got good deals though!! The candlebra is beautiful (I'll post pictures soon) and exactly what I envisioned as part of decor at the wedding...can't wait to see how it looks in our home and at the reception too! Once we get a rug for the living room, that's enough buying for the house for now I think. I better get to the FREE hard labour and finish touching up paint, dap the crown moulding in the bathroom and about a zillion other mindless but necessary activities. After the wedding right? That's Trav's answer for everything : )

**************************

And lastly, you must go see Star Trek. I'm not a fan of the series at all, but this movie is truly entertaining from start to finish (and the guys aren't bad to look at either). Go!

1 comment:

crystal.cattle said...

I love the new blog you found. I definitely want those copper place tags!

Also, you have to get a MAC makeover. Get appointment on the floor, usually takes about an hour depending on how busy the store is. All they require is that you buy $50 worth of product. They make you look like a superstar. Make sure you have somewhere to go afterwards cause you won't want to waste your goregous looks!